03 February 2012

The Homeschool Mother's Journal



For the week of January 30 - February 6, 2012

In my life this week....Just enjoying taking care of my daughter as she continues to heal from surgery and enjoying her company before daddy gives her away in April.

In our homeschool this week....sharing some of our favorite learning journal/commonplace entries. (We love journaling what we learn!)




Kaydee's 'copywork' drawings from Henri Matisse's The Goldfish and Open Window



Helpful homeschooling tips or advice....Enjoy the journey. I'm sure I could offer this 'tip' each week quite easily because it is my number one focus. They grow up so, so fast and being able to enjoy being with them from day to day has truly been the greatest gift in my life.

I am inspired by....Robyn and the strength and patience she is showing as she heals from all she has been going through.

Places we're going and people we're seeing....Again, hanging home with the ones we love.

My favorite thing this week was....taking this sweet photo of my little one in her TOO-TOO tight tu tu!


What's working/not working for us....My new schedule is working great and I love it that we focus on the main subjects only once a week but very, very much in depth.

Questions/thoughts I have....Why can't I just pop in my dvd of Jillian Michael's into my computer and sit back on the couch and "watch" it while at the same time get my workout in?!!

Things I'm working on....Incorporating more in the area of handicrafts.


I'm reading....Personally, nothing in particular this week. But for the kids I have been reading through A Child's Geography of the World, The Pharaoh's of Ancient Egypt, and D'Aulaires' Book of Greek Myths, and The Weather Book. I have made it my goal to be finished with these before our trip to Colorado in April so we don't have to leave with 'unfinished business'!

I'm cooking....oatmeal and adding CHIA seeds to it. Check out the link to learn more about this amazing seed.

I'm grateful for....My many prayers I prayed this week and the wonderful blessings we've received.

I'm praying for....Robyn and Luke as they are working through their long distance relationship until their marriage in April. Having Luke away at school has been very tough for her. And him!

This week's favorite photo....

Son Vance and wife Heather enjoying some rock climbing!

This week's favorite quote....

Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

3 comments:

Cinnamon said...

I love your updates. I enjoy seeing what you're working on. Love your tips.

I like your workout idea....sitting on the couch watching it :-) ha ha!

There's not such a thing as a too too tight tu tu to a little girl:-) Say that give times fast, ha ha!

~Cinnamon

Becca said...

I love reading these! AND that quote is awesome! Too true!

dggp said...

Love the drawings!

Followers