08 May 2011

These two could have been my twins

After all, they were both born in December!! Of all my kids these two definitely take first place when it comes to looking alike. At least in our opinion. Here is a modern day photo of them.



Mary falls asleep often in my arms and it is then that I see her sister Robyn. So much so that I am speechless. It really is like having Robyn little again. It is so very strange!! Robyn, on the left is is holding one of my 'real' twins! And Mary on the right, of course is sleeping in my arms.


We were looking at older photos of Robyn and we would ask Mary, "Who is this?" She would always say, "That's me. How did I get bigger?" She really thinks it's her. In one photo she actually was excited to be bigger and older than her older brothers and sisters. She just couldn't figure it out!!


Robyn and Mary snuggling with daddy.


Crazy, it just blows my mind!

7 comments:

Robyn Phillips said...

Wow haha that is crazy!

Jennifer said...

Yep. I can see it. What pretty girls.

Kim said...

WOW~ they really do look alike! amazing! None of my kids really look that much alike...

dlpower said...

I love this!

Anonymous said...

WOW! It is amazing how much they look alike.

Becca said...

You know, I don't see it as much in the current pictures of Mary and Robyn -- but I sure see it in those compared ages pictures! Both are beautiful girls! My Carolyn and Caleb could be my twins. They even both have a little ruptured capillary (that they've had since about birth) under their left eyes! And they both turn their left foot in slightly when walking (which I'm trying to help them change).

Rachel Keppner said...

What beautiful girls! I love how in big families we get to see similar genetic strains again and again. I love this post! :-)

Followers