26 April 2010

A Scripture for our Day


2 Chronicles 7:14
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

I heard this verse used on Sunday in a way that I never thought of before. Our land can be healed, but only by God's people getting on their knees and praying. In this scripture God is talking to HIS people, NOT to the sinners who are in the process of breaking down our nation. WE who are called by His name must repent, turn from our wicked ways and pray. Our nation can be healed NOT by protests, freedom fights, patriotic talk shows and the like, (although these are good things so as to educate us and open our eyes) but by God's people kneeling in prayer and turning our hearts towards Him.



5 comments:

j said...

amen!! :) So true.

Jessica

busymomof10 said...

What a great reminder! As I"ve seen on many church signs, God always answers knee-mail! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Tricia,
This is such a great reminder of what can be accomplished if we just trust in God and His Word.

Have a wonderful week,
Love and blessings, Jillian ♥

Joyfulmum said...

Yes, it's a great promise for us who are His children!

Amy said...

Just wanted to stop and say thanks for visiting my blog. Hope you have a blessed week!!

Followers