19 March 2010

Vance Jr. Pays a Visit

It's been a fun filled week for our family. Our son Vance JR. and family came from AZ to pay us a visit. It was so much fun having them here. Really does let me know how much I miss them. It was hard letting them leave. As you can see Heather is expecting a baby. She is due in June to have a boy. It will be 2 for them.



The many faces of Gemma!! Our little grand-dumpling. Oh did my girls have a blast with this little one. I'm sure they plum tuckered her out by the time they left. After all, how many mama's does one baby need? Isn't she just a Gem? Just like her name.


My 3, big, bad, boys. I am amazed how quickly children grow up. No matter how much we desire them to stay little! These boys had quite a time playing game cube together this week as well as many other adventures!


How would you like to have a slide like THIS in your backyard? It's not exactly in OUR backyard but when we visit it the kids have a great time!


I suppose all the fun and busyness of the week took their toll on my little Mary! She couldn't even wait for bedtime to crash for the night!

7 comments:

Ruby said...

What a precious week with your family. It must be so hard to see them rarely. Gemma is indeed a gem!
That slide is amazing!
You are truly blessed with your large family and the growing number of grandchildren. Will you get to visit them when the little one is born? Hope so!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tricia,
I would so love to have that slippery dip anywhere near us - so much fun!

Have a great weekend,
Blessings,
Jillian ♥

LLJ said...

Wow, that is quite the slide!
I am so happy for you that you had that time with your son and family! How exciting to have another grandchild on the way and to get to spend time with your sweet Gemma! She is a doll!
Leanne

busymomof10 said...

I know you enjoyed having them home! And yes, why do children have to grow up so quickly?? it has really hit me lately that when my Hannah turns 13 this month, I will have 5 (yes, five) teenagers in the house!!!! And only 3 children left that are younger than their teens. How did that happen??????????

Mama to 12, so far said...

Yep, they do grow up!
It looks like you had a wonderful time with him and the family!

Heather said...

We DID have so much FUN! Thanks to all the aunties who gave my arms a break!

Becca said...

Looks like a blast! Lovin' that slide! What my boys wouldn't give for a ride on that thing! So glad you had a wonderful visit with AZ Smiths! Gemma is adorable! And I think she looks a bit like Mary! Thanks for sharing the memories!

Followers