15 October 2013

If I were a Sunbeam

"If I were a Sunbeam,
I know what I'd do;
I would seek white lilies,
Roaming woodlands through.
I would steal among them,
Softest light I'd shed,
Until every lily 
October memory work for Mary!
Raised its drooping head.

"If I were a Sunbeam,
I know where I'd go;
Into lowly hovels,
Dark with want and woe;
Till sad hearts looked upward,
I would shine and shine;
Then they'd think of heaven,
Their sweet home and mine."

Are you not a Sunbeam,
Child, whose life is glad
With an inner brightness
Sunshine never had?
Oh, as God has blessed you, 
Scatter light divine!
For there is no sunbeam
But must die or shine.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tricia, Is that Janai or Mary?

Aunt Bridie?

Cinnamon said...

That is precious. What wonderful memory work :-)



~Cinnamon

Followers