04 July 2012

7 up biscuits

These are the best biscuits ever. You really have to try these!

They call for
2 cups bisquick
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup 7 up
1/4 cup melted

Knead together first 3 ingredients while butter is melting in the pan. Roll out dough in about 1/2 cup bisquick and cut into shapes. Place in pan with melted butter and back for 14 minutes in 450 degree oven.

My substitution for these today were:
I used my own homemade biscuit mix (recipe below) and homemade creme fraiche for the sour cream.

Biscuit mix

6 cups flour ( whole grain, part, or all white)
1 T sea salt
6 T baking powder
6 T sugar
2 cups powered milk. (I never add this because I always use milk with the mix when I make pancakes)

To use for pancakes/ waffles take 1 egg, 1 cup water or milk, 2 tablespoons melted fat and 1 1/2 cups mix.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the recipe. A strange thing using 7 up in baked goods but I'm willing to try.

jen

Followers