16 February 2012
Eleven ways I get Chia Seeds into our diets
The amazing chia seed.
The Chia Seed is an amazing food. I cannot begin to tell you how downright nutritious it is! So I won't! But HERE is a link that will tell you all about them and probably even convince you to run out and purchase some for your family. Here are 10 ways in which I use them. I'm sure there are many more ways you can find because it's all about imagination.
Today I chose to put them into juice. I could purchase truck loads of the real thing as shown below but that's not gonna happen! It is far cheaper and just as healthy to put them into juice as I have chose to do today!
You could put them into your homemade kombucha quite easily enough!
I took some empty kombucha and kevita jars (which works great by the way), used a funnel to place 4 TB. Chia Seed into each, then I filled with the juice. They will sit in my fridge for several hours to overnight depending on how crunchy a child decides they want the seeds. That's it. And you will get amazing benefits from this simple mixture.
10 more ways to use CS
1. When I presoak my oatmeal the night before I had 1 C. seed to 4 C. oatmeal, seven grain or nine grain cereal.
2. A favorite buttermilk, yogurt, or kefir/fruit smoothie
3. Let stand in a quart of milk overnight and pour over your favorite cereal.
4. Add into your flour as you make bread, muffins, pancakes, etc.
5. Add them to your favorite soup.
6. Sprinkle over yogurt.
7. Sprinkle onto pizza.
8. Mix into casseroles or quiches.
9. Sprinkle a T. onto the cheese next time you make grilled cheese sandwiches.
10. Add into meatloaf or sprinkle into ground meat as you cook it.
Can you think of other ways this seed can be used in our everyday diet? I would love to hear other ideas. The ways are endless I'm sure.