04 December 2011

Left alone in the kitchen!


It was one of those days when morning came way to quickly! Lessons were taught, lunch was made and the sofa was screaming my name! I not only gave in to the sofa but I also gave in to two little girls who were anxious to get started on the cookies I promised they could make. In my tired desperation I decided that they could go ahead without me and I'd be in shortly. Well, they managed alright as the photos show. (I did get a bit of a shock though when I walked in a bit later to see the, well, you know, the results of all their effort all over the kitchen. Including the floor!) But they managed well and the cookies were delicious and best of all I had 2 happy little girls to eat some cookies with!


10 comments:

Becca said...

Wow -- I'm so impressed that they could figure it all without you -- even if they DID leave a mess!

Karen said...

Looks like fun--and that's what my kitchen looks like when I DO supervise!

Cinnamon said...

And you know what? That will be a funny story and a great memory to tell for years and THAT is worth it all! Precious moments one day at a time~

~Cinnamon

Teena said...

Wow they did great... even with the mess! hahah

love your place here... and love your pics!

grace~
Teena

Simple Home said...

I love this! They did a wonderful job. I've seen messes like this in my house a few times too :)
Blessings,
Marcia

Kim @ Homestead Acres said...

That's so sweet! Your girls did a wonderful job, even if there was a mess. :)

Unknown said...

That is wonderful. Sometimes as moms it is hard to let our children learn and explore becaue we know we will have a mess to clean up afterwards. Not to mention the fact that sometimes we as moms just need a nap!!! I applaud you for doing what you needed to do! And, look! You had a delicious treat when you got up: cookies AND happy girls. Wish I had some of the cookies. They look delicious!

OurLilFullFam said...

I can imagine the mess, but look at those smiles! I bet they were delicious, they had a littel dash of love added into the dough!

Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Those cookies look delicious, and you can tell by the smiles on their faces that they are quite happy and "proud" with their homemaking efforts! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love Christmas baking! We were supposed to have our annual baking day on Saturday, but I have a few littles sick and we cancelled it. I'm a little bummed but maybe we can schedule another day.

Followers