- Baking goodies to deliver to friends and family~we manage to munch much alone the way
- Watching It's a Wonderful Life-haven't missed it yet
- Play Christmas music throughout the house
- Reading a Christmas story each night in December before Christmas. Right now we are reading THIS
- Have the children get up in homemade costumes to act out the story in Luke
- Dressing up the 5 youngest girls in matching dresses and spend a fun day in town shopping & eating
- I always have a pile of Christmas coloring pages for everyone and then we hang them around the house
- Making gingerbread houses using 1/2 pint size empty milk cartoons, graham crackers, icing, and lots of goodies
- Try making a few crafts-I say TRY because my creativity is as dry as the Sahara!
- Attend our church's annual Christmas get together
- Enjoy Christmas songs being played by the children on the piano
- Our favorite of all is reading the story in Luke while we sip on hot cocoa and stay warm by the fire
- But I think just being with family, reminiscing, playing games, just simply enjoying one another's company is my favourite of all time. Winter, and especially Christmas is just a time to slow down and just; be!
11 December 2011
I have a feeling that Christmas is the favourite holiday for most of us! I know in this house it definitely is ours. Here are a few of our most popular activities we try to pull of each year. I would love to hear how you all celebrate this time of year if you care to share!! I pray you all will have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!