13 February 2011

Praying for wisdom is a must....

at least for me anyway! "In Gibeon the Lord appears to Solomon in a dream by night: and God said, "Ask what I shall give thee?" 1 Kings 3:5 "And now, oh Lord my God, thou hast made my servant king instead of David my father: and I am but a little child: I know not how to go out or come in." vs 7 "Give therefore thy servant an understanding heart to judge thy people, that I may discern between good and bad: for who is able to judge this thy so great a people?" vs 9 "And the speech pleased the Lord, that Solomon had asked this thing." vs 10

I can only speak for myself here. I too know not how to go out or come in. I too need to ask for the wisdom and the understanding that only God can give me. As I begin yet another new year in our homeschool I am again looking for the path the Lord would have each of my children take both in their curriculum and in their everyday lives. The many questions and concerns once again bring me to prayer. To ask the Lord what is that He would have my children learn and how He would have them learn it. Each of our children are different and that calls for a customized lifestyle of learning for each one. In our home we have children who have strengths in reading, but perhaps not in math. A strong skill in hands on activities but not in creative writing. And so on!! Each one of these children are arrows in the hands of our Father. It is our responsibility as 'children' and parents that we seek God through prayer and ask for His plan for our children in the coming new year. Only He knows them best, only He knows their path, and only He can direct them using us as His vehicle. "For the Lord giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding."~Proverbs 2:6 "Wisdom is the principle thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding."


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been doing a LOT of this lately. Beautiful post!

Simple Home said...

What a wonderful post!! Seeking His wisdom is the only way to homeschool don't you think? I try to start every day doing this too.
Blessings,
Marcia

Unknown said...

Oh I can't think of any other way to give my children the most for their education. They are all so very different and theirs needs are completely varied. That's why homeschooling is so great. You know your children so well and you also know what fits them best. And all of that takes time and prayers, and wisdom.

dggp said...

Thanks for this Tricia

Followers