02 November 2010

Serving Proverbs at brunch!

There is nothing better than a cold, overcast day, a warm living room, hot cocoa served up with a warm pan of Impossible Pumpkin Pie with pure cream. (recipe below) Top this off with our scriptures opened before us as we are gathered around our table studying the Words of Solomon! We have chosen to use Wisdom for Life: A Proverb Bible Study from Simply Charlotte Mason. It is simple to use, to the point, and at the same time allows for in depth thinking from our children. (and me) Serving up something nice for the tummy seems to make our scripture studies sweet and memorable. Most of the time it is simply a cup of cocoa but once in a while a surprise is in order.

2 Timothy 3:16-17~All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.


This is so very simple, not to mention healthy and delicious.

Impossible Pumpkin Pie~this is not doubled. We double it for our family.

1/4 C. melted butter
1/2 C. honey
1 1/2 C. pumpkin
1/2 C. wheat flour
1/2 t. cinnamon
2 eggs
1/2 t. salt
1/4. t. ginger
1/4 t. nutmeg
1 1/2 C. milk

Combine all ingredients thoroughly. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes, turn down to 350 for 45 minutes. Thats it. Very yummy with plain cream whipped or not.




7 comments:

Mrs. Stam said...

yummmm that sound sooooo good

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a delightful bible devotional time today with your children. :)

I noticed that this pumpkin pie has no crust. Is that intentional? I've just never had a pumpkin pie without crust, but it sounds good. I'll have to try it.

Lastly, thank you for visiting my blog the other day. It's a pleasure to have you at "the castle," and I hope that you will come again soon. :)

Amanda said...

Trish, what a perfect day!

That pie sounds delicious... will have to give it a try also.

God bless you my sweet friend and sister, you are such an encouragement to me :D

knittykneighbour said...

Oh. My. Goodness. Thank you for this post! I've been wondering what I could do during our Bible time each day as the youngers struggle to be still and I struggle with keeping their attention. We are also reading through Proverbs. =) I think I'll try this recipe tomorrow, but I will definitely incorporate snack time with Bible! Take care,
Heidi

Trixi said...

I love reading through the Proverbs. The wisdom is priceless. Thanks for sharing your pumpkin pie recipe, I have wanted one that uses honey!!

dggp said...

We've used that before. My kids learned a lot.

Unknown said...

Oh Tricia!! That last one would have scared me to death! You poor thing... I am SO glad she was all OK! It is every parent's worse nightmare I think, especially when water is about.

Bra in the loo? (toilet!) haha! The mind boggles ;) Too bad about the roast too... I am sure that would have smelt a little on the nose! Glad you found it before TOO long lol.

Followers