12 November 2010

EASY Garlic Cheese Biscuits


Today we served up a batch of Garlic Cheese Biscuits. They turned out great. I doubled the batch and there were hardly any left. They went very well with our homemade tomato soup.
Garlic Cheese Biscuits
1 1/2 C. flour
1 1/2 T. sugar
1 T. baking powder
1/2 teas. salt
3 C. shredded cheddar cheese (I didn't double the cheese)
1 C. milk
1 egg
1/4 C. melted butter
1 T. garlic powder
Stir together dry ingredients, then stir in cheese. In another bowl beat together the liquids. Pour into dry ingredients and stir to combine well. Bake at 375 for 20-25 min. Enjoy!
Tomato Soup
4 T. butter
2 T. olive oil
1 onion, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
basil (looks and taste)
1/4 C. flour
3 T. tomato paste
1/2 t. dried thyme
2 cans (14 1/2 oz.) chicken broth
2 cans (28 oz) whole peeled tomatoes in juice
Melt butter, add onion, oil, salt and pepper. Cook until onion is translucent. Stir in flour and tomato paste, cook 1 minute.
To a saucepan, add thyme, broth, and tomatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes. Blend to smooth or I put in the blender before heating which reduces the risk of burns. But I only chopped everything fine rather than a complete blend. Heat and serve.

10 comments:

Mrs. Stam said...

sounds delicious!!!!

Simple Home said...

Thanks for the recipes. My family is going to love those garlic cheese biscuits!
Blessings,
Marcia

Anonymous said...

Hello~
I will pray that this comment goes on? I tried three yesterday and it would not get beyond...'preview'?
So, here we are....
Of all things, first we wanted to congratulate on that sweet "pink" gift! :) Awe! Precious!
Then my Maggie see's the yummy post and as of late all I hear is "I am hungry for Tomato soup"! What a blessing lunch menu all right here on your blog...:) You do not deliver do you? :)
One of these days...Tricia!
Thanksd-Blessings~
~Lori

Jeannetta said...

Yum! Thanks for sharing!

Amanda said...

My dear friend, I just wanted to tell you that I was trying to chose between photos to post on Nathan's missions trip, and the one I didn't opt on, was of him feeding the children the lollies (candy) and the children were all around him! I saw your comment and had to come tell you :D Just like your son's experience with the candy and the children!

Thank you for your always encouraging comments... they are a blessing to me...

I love the sound of these biscuits as I love garlic and cheese ;)

The Mayo Family said...

Hello...
How many do you think this soup recipe will serve? Do you double it?
Thanks...
Blessings~
~Lori
P.S. Wonder why it will not come up on the comments right?
www.mayos4him.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a yummy meal that I will have to try for my dinner sometime. Since I haven't had lunch yet, it also made me very hungry. :)

Blessings,

-Lady Rose

Rooted Renaissance Girl said...

Making it for dinner tonight. The biscuits spread a lot and don't look as good as yours but they taste yummy. Soup's still simmering but taste tests say, "mmmmm, mmmmm". Thanks for sharing!

Christy, mom of 4 + 1 in heaven + 1 on the way. Blessed!

Rooted Renaissance Girl said...

You know what it probably was? I forgot I had to use rice milk instead of regular. I don't think that sets up as well. Like I said they tasted great but they were pretty flat. They went great with the soup, too.

Anonymous said...

Tricia we tried these last night. I made them with chili. They turned out wonderful. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

diane

Followers