16 August 2010

When babies come in two's~a birthstory & portfolio

I was in about my 5th-6th month of pregnancy before finding out I was having twins. With 7 children under 15 years of age this came as quite a surprise!! A most wonderful surprise!! My pregnancy was uneventful for the most part. Of course I had the normal morning sickness for about 5 months but other than that the babies were growing well. I continued my step workouts until about the 5th month and at that time I found I was getting too nauseated to continue so I began to walk about 3 miles a day. That lasted until daddy put his foot down in my 8th month when he found me doubled over after a long, tiring walk!! I was determined not to fall victim to my bed during the last weeks so I wanted to keep up my strength through walking and staying on my feet plus my midwife was wanting me to make it to my due date. I did and then some!! My labour was uneventful and moved along nicely. Both babies were head down which is a plus when birthing twins. When delivery came the first baby came quickly and twin 2 decided she liked her space and spread out in the womb making delivery impossible except by c-section which in my mind was NOT an option. Our midwife left us alone for a bit to see if contractions would turn her but it didn't work. So my husband fell back on what he knows to be best and he began to pray. And pray, and pray!! An hour and a half later baby number 2 decided it was time and she too came quickly. Both babies did well. We still call them twin one and twin two when talking about their birth. To this day neither twin knows who is the eldest!




On the left is Kaydee, Emma is on the right


Emma weighed 7 lbs 15 oz and Kaydee ran a close second at 7 lbs 10 oz. I gained a total of 28 lbs the entire pregnancy!! The best one yet!!



Daddy carrying both babies in a pack. They are both sleeping and that's why it looks like they are just hanging there!!

My big, strong boy showing off his strength!

Some of the children enjoying the new babies.




The wedding of their big sister.


Vance Jr. and my 3 'babies' in Colorado!



Enjoying some grandpa time!




Daddy time!!


More daddy time!!


Celebrating their 6th birthday, seems so long ago but only a few years!!

9 comments:

Ruby said...

Fabulous photos, Tricia.
Happy birthday to your delightful Twin 1 and Twin 2!

Tianna said...

I love your birth stories! They are so inspirational. :)

OurLilFullFam said...

Wow, twins! That is so neat you got to deliver them naturally! Here in Sc, it is hard to have twins through a midwife due to regularions, but it can happen it is just a lot harder!

I like those sleeping pictures. Even though I don't have twins, my kids still pile up like that. It is so funny. When we went on vacation once, my grandma said they looked like sardines!

Stephanie

Pam... said...

Wow what a healthy pregnancy and near textbook delivery! Yes, prayer! Only 28 pounds gain and they came at the due date. You are an amazing woman!

Jenny said...

What some fun pictures! You are very inspiring!

Chris@Joyful Mother said...

Oh..Oh...Oh...They were so very cute as babies. And now they are so very beautiful!! :)

You go girl....working out like that while carrying twins. wow-wee!!

Loved all the pictures. You know that everyone of your daughters are so incredibly beautiful!

Simple Home said...

These are such precious photos. Of course all babies are such a wonderful gift from God, but it is so wonderful to get two at one time, isn't it?
Blessings,
Marcia

Anonymous said...

You are blessed!!

Reece

LaSandra said...

Adorable! I love how your husband is into babywearing:)

I have 2 friends who are both pregnant with twins. I think I'll send them a link to this post!

Followers