04 March 2010

Blast From the Past

Oh my!! Could it really be my hubby and I? We have been busy scanning old photos lately and we ran across this badly bent and torn picture of our little family!! (Juli and Vance Jr.) It was one of those 20x16 inch ones so I tried to flatten it as best I could and took a picture of it because no way would it fit on the scanner. Mary said, "Look there's mommy and daddy." I asked her if mommy looked the same and she promptly said YES! (Don't I wish) Then she said, "But daddy, why did you take your hair off? I like it better on!" Out of the mouth of babes!

It was in the bottom of a box folded over and with a couple good tears and rips in it. No way to preserve it to last any longer so I thought snapping a picture of it was the best way.

9 comments:

Jeannetta said...

Adorable!

Unknown said...

You look beautiful. I don't like any of my old pictures because I am either smiling goofy or I have awful 80's hair. Why couldn't I have a nice, timeless style like that?

Kathy@theshebearofeleven said...

It's fun looking at old pictures. My kids laugh at our old pictures, making fun of our hairstyles and clothing. I tell them one day their kids will laugh at them!

Heather said...

I see a lot of Gemma in that bottom picture with Vance.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tricia,
What a beautiful photo - can you get someone to touch it up for you digitally? It would be worth it. :)

Have a wonderful weekend,
Blessings,
Jillian ♥

Cinnamon said...

Don't you love old photos? Will you be posting more blasts from the past? Great smile Tricia :-) Love the "feathered" hair. Wasn't that the Farrah Faucett stle that we all wanted? :-)

~Cinnamon

Susan said...

Love your "blast from the past" photo!

Mary's comment is just toooo funny! It reminds me of when I was growing up and my dad shaved off his BIG '70s mustache. My little brother (probably only 4 yrs old at the time) said with shock on his face and big wide eyes, "Dad, you shaved your eyebrows!" LOL!

Have a great day,
Susan

Becca said...

AAAhhhhhh!!!! How sweet is that!

busymomof10 said...

I LOVE the blast from the past!!! You look so beautiful and what a precious smile you have! My hubby "took his hair off" too! :) Isn't it scary how young we all looked when we first got married and started having children????

Followers