29 March 2009

Grandparents #1

Grandma and Grandpa Smith-The Original--My hubby and I are the newest of the Grandma and Grandpa Smith's just starting out with 3 grandchildren. But the "original" grandma and grandpa are up to 47 grand children and counting!! Here they are in this picture.

I have never introduced my hubby's family here yet. So now would be a good time considering we just got back from spending a week with, well,-----most of them:) Time for a little history!!

My husband is the eldest of 11 children. Eight boys and three girls. There are 47 grandchildren, with 1 more on the way so far. They range in age from 27-1. If I set them in age groups it would look like this. There are 37 children under the age of 15 and only 10 over the age of 16. As you can see there are many, many, little ones. And let's not forget the 3 great-grandchildren who are 4 and under bringing all the little ones to 40 children under 15. The following pictures are from our trip to Colorado where only 4 of my husbands' siblings live and his wonderful parents. So let's begin from the beginning. Here are the 2 wonderful people who started this truckload of children!! Over the course of the next week I will be posting about our wonderful trip and the many adventures and fun our Mega Family has enjoyed over the past week.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Just letting you know that I have the pics on my picasa in the "smith trio" folder.

Susan said...

Hi Tricia,
From all the fun pictures, it looks like you had a fabulous trip!!!

Followers